Sunday, May 31, 2009

Road Less Traveled

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.
-Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken", 1915

Many people have used this poem to describe how we need to choose a better path that may not be what the norm of our society has chosen. In Matthew 7:14, Jesus said, "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Please note that neither of these quotes refer to an abandoned road or an empty road. They are simply talking about the roads that are less traveled, less common.

For many of us, homeschooling is the less traveled road that we have chosen. We want to lead our children and families to life, and we want to be the few who find it.

I want you to realize that the road may be less traveled, but at least it is being traveled! We are not alone; we are just fewer in number than the wide road of societies' norm. Don't believe the lie that you are alone, and please don't try to travel alone. Let's find a way to travel this road together!


1 comment:

MorningSong said...

So true! Over the last few weeks I've suddenly found myself among more schooled families than homeschooled and it has been quite different. I'm used to our big comfy niche with HH and feeling normal so it's been weird feeling SO VERY weird. It made me wonder - should I be doing this?! So glad for the summer groups you host b/c I hesitantly reminded myself of my why and have been finding my way back to confidence again. This was an unexpected hit on something I was so sure of and it surprised me how far I felt it knocked me off of my confident place. Anyway,... sorry for rambling. :)