Monday, April 6, 2009

What is Easter?

Last week I saw Jay Leno ask this question to several people on the street. It amazed me how many people mentioned eggs, bunnies, and new life. When Jay would press to see if they knew "why" we celebrated Easter, it amazed me more to hear that people really didn't know! Though some knew it had to do with Jesus, they weren't sure what or why.

This segment totally shocked me, and I felt that I needed to make sure that my children knew the REAL story of Easter. I want to encourage you to take the time this week to make sure your children know the story as well. This is an excellent opportunity to talk to your children about salvation and the reality of what their salvation cost.

In The Teaching Home's recent e-newsletter, they offered a 5-day Easter unit study that explores Scripture, history, crafts, and education about this holiday. Please join me in using the information in this study to not only celebrate, but also educate.

As 1 Timothy 2:4 states, God wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. Share the truth of Easter and God's ultimate love with those around you this week! Be aware that even though we live in America, there are those who still do not know and have not heard.

No comments: